This is a prelude to a remote streaming to Winamp issue I'm having
(which I'll come back to in a separate thread once I've clarified this
below).

I'm sending from Slimserver to Squeezebox in FLAC.  If I want to stream
from Slimserver to Winamp, I understand that this must be done MP3 (and
I've already correctly installed LAME.EXE in Slimserver).  BUT, if I
check FLAC -> MP3 in SERVER SETTINGS, does this now mean that
Slimserver is now sending my FLAC source files to Squeezebox in MP3
too?

Is it possible to send FLAC to Squeezebox as FLAC, while converting
those same FLACs to MP3 for streaming to Winamp?  I notice that, if I
uncheck FLAC -> MP3 in SERVER SETTINGS, this rechecks itself the moment
I stream a FLAC to Winamp.

AGB

--
agbagb