BTW, if I have a router with built-in 4-way switch, one longish Cat5e
patch cable could be used to make it able to connect one item in
another room - like a SB3 - to that switch.

But if I want to connect several items in that room? I presume I
connect another switch at the end of the long cable and connect those
items to that switch.

Yet another room? One longish cable from that second switch, to a third
switch in this room - with more things connected to it?

What to think of, what are the limitations (cable lengths,, number/type
of switches...)?

--
tommypeters

SB3-->Meridian G68-->NuForce Ref8-->Bc Acoustique ACT A3