Robin Bowes Wrote:

> I hope it was more thorough than when you brought that Pentium 166
> with
> 96MB of RAM round to my place and wanted to install Linux on it :)
> R.
Yeah, thanks for reminding me of that Robin!  :-)
At the time my company were running two FreeBSD based nameservers on
486s with 64mb RAM each so thought it would be OK. I didn't realise
that all the Linux graphical stuff would cause such an overhead.
When I commissioned my present music server laptop (P500, 192mhz PII) I
tried about four different Linix/FreeBSD installs. I had no luck with
any of them so installed XP Home.
MC

--
ModelCitizen

Squeezebox2 > Benchmark Dac1 > Naim NAC 82 > Naim NAP 250 > Shahinian
Arcs.
Music catalog: http://modelcitizen.mine.nu/music.txt