Oh, guys, give it a rest already.

There is excellent support, from Slim Devices, for their box and their
software. If you have a problem with Slimserver, you can take it
there.

This forum is not for problem solving. It's for enthusiasts to trade
other more esoteric information. We can also occasionally help out with
problems, but we're not well equipped, don't have the database and
whatever other tools the support staff have, and most importantly,
we're not paid to be problem solvers.

While it's true that a few of the Slim staff, including the CEO, browse
these forums, almost none of the support staff do.

*Reporting a problem here is not reporting it to Slim support.* And it
has a considerably *lower* chance of getting fixed here than with the
proper support channels.

The original poster has already made it clear he wasn't asking for
help. So, for the purposes of this forum, his posting was noise, not
signal.

How about we let this drop now?

It's a totally pointless waste of time to debate whether we should be
polite to someone that is not looking for help by venting in the wrong
place. Regardless of who thinks they paid what for Slimserver, they
didn't pay it to any of us.

--
Michaelwagner