JJZolx;132641 Wrote:
> I see this requiring essentially three things, two of which I mentioned
> in the first post.
>
> - multiple music libraries
>
> <snip>
>
> - user profiles and logins
>
> The 'Superuser' (Admin, whatever) would create users and then say which
> libraries each user may have access to.  You could create appropriate
> libraries for the little ones.
>
> <snip>
>
> - track and/or content content rating tags
>
> Yes, this information would need to be stored in tags to survive a
> clear/rescan.
>
> <snip>

While your suggestion would probably work, I don't know that it's as
practical as some sort of simple filtering system for what I'm trying
to accomplish.  In your scenario you would have to maintain a separate
library for each player.  In my situation for example, the majority of
the library available to both players would be substantially the same
with just some albums and tracks unavailable to one of the players.  I
wouldn't want to maintain two libraries for this purpose as that would
waste a lot of disk space and be a hassle when I wanted to add music.
Now expand that to someone with several players and it really gets
impractical.

My idea was merely to have a way to apply some sort of filter to your
library (or libraries if multiple libraries were ever supported) to
control what songs each player has access to.

--
jtfields