I'm actually writing my own cover art downloader as a bit of an
experiment with the Amazon and Yahoo web services and one thing I have
found is that it's very difficult thing to do automatically.

This is especially true when you're relying on the naming of the
directory or the contents of the TAGs to determine the album and artist
name. Spelling can often differ to that used on Amazon for example and
things like punctuation, european characters etc. can throw it way
off.

The other thing to consider is that the quality of the images returned
can be pretty poor. I often find that Amazon can return 15+ images for
a search and the best match can only be chosen manually.

What I've ended up doing is displaying all the alternatives within my
app and supplementing this with a good old Google Image search and
sometimes a discogs.com search if the images thrown up by Amazon/Yahoo
aren't any good.

--
dSw