Hi,

I've recently purchased a Squeezebox 3 and I'm quite happy with it
except for one major problem.

m4a files (originally ripped from CD with iTunes) stutter and break up
and are generally unlistenable.

I've installed LAME and it's showing up as 'The LAME encoder appears to
be installed correctly on your system.' under Player Settings/Audio.

I've set my WLAN channel to 13 (I'm in Ireland) to differentiate it
from the other APs in my area (as shown by NetStumbler) - this should
minimize interference.

Under Player Settings, I'm getting 'Wireless Signal Strength' of 90+
percent.

Under Server & Network Health, I'm getting good figures except for
'Buffer Fullness' which shows 'Low' (both playing mp3 and m4a).

My wireless router, laptop and Squeezebox are all in the same room.

My setup is...

Dell Latitude D810 with Intel PRO Wireless 2915ABG wireless NIC.
Netopia 3347NWG Router.
SlimServer 6.3.1

(My music is in an 'iTunes' directory structure which is stored on a
FreeCom 160GB external USB2 drive - though I don't think this should
have any bearing).

RealPlayer/QuickTime is installed and working - RealPlayer & iTunes
both play back m4a files perfectly.

I've trawled the forums and applied everything I could glean from same
(see above!).

I'm asuming it's a network/bandwidth problem but I'm loath to wire up
the Squeezebox, as the whole point in buying was it's wireless
connectivity.

Any help would be extremely appreciated as this is tarnishing my view
of a product I so want to like (it's also cracking me up!).

Thanks in advance for any help...

--
MikeWynneDub