Look: if you have a TV in your front room, and you want to play music in
the front room, you may as well use the TV to display your collection
than some poxy monochrome display a couple of inches wide. How can
anyone claim they'd rather surf their music connection on a squeezebox
and arcane remote than the Fisheye skin and relevant input mechanism,
let's say, or one of the kiosk style skins with touchscreen control?

I want slim to succeed. I like their approach and most of their
solutions. Thing is I'm not an audiophile, I'm a techie who wants
control over his music collection and a decent way of playing it. Aside
from the techie bit, this is where Apple are pitching: as a coherent
media platform story. Slim aren't providing that coherent story at a
low level.

--
Smiley Dan