The "automatically download missing album artwork" preference (and the
"get album artwork" menu item) in iTunes 7 downloads artwork to a
sub-folder in your iTunes folder and creates a pointer in the music
file.

Seems that artwork downloaded in this way is not detected by SlimServer
(6.5b3 and presumably older versions).

If you want to back out of the artwork you've downloaded and apply it
in the "old" way it's pretty easy...

If you want to be cautious and target just the affected albums you can
run the "ITC" files in your "iTunes\Album Artwork" directory through a
tool like JpegExtractor to get the downloaded artwork images. This
allows you to see which albums are affected (You can also save the
artwork for application via the iTunes "Get Info" method which stores
the artwork in the music file like before).

Next you select the affected files in your library (or just select your
entire library) and right-click the "Clear downloaded artwork" option -
this only seems to clear artwork downloaded using the new methods so
your other artwork should be safe. But  only a fool wouldn't take a
backup first.

And don't forget to switch the "automatically download missing album
artwork" setting off in iTunes to prevent reoccurrence.

I guess a future version of SlimServer should support the new artwork
storage method although why Apple have had to dream up something new is
a mystery to me. Why can't they just store cover.jpg in the music
folder?

--
barcar