stuorguk;137885 Wrote:
> Help!  I'm running Gentoo.

Hopefully not a general statement!

I run on Gentoo as well, with my own instance of MySQL. Can you
describe some things about your config:

* whether you have mysql present on Gentoo already, and if so, what
version
* whether you're expecting to use that existing instance, or the one
that comes with SlimServer (I admit I've only used my own instance).
* if you want to use your own instance, what you put in your
slimserver.pref (although not your password, of course!).

Probably a longer snip from the log might be useful - run the server
with "--d_import --d_server --d_mysql --d_sql" so that it logs some
more useful stuff.

Stuart

--
hickinbottoms

-"Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after
- with 'Lazy Searching' (http://hickinbottom.demon.co.uk/lazysearch)!"-