Quoting Xhorder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I think I need some serious help here:

Running Mandriva Linux 2006

Upgraded via rpm from 6.3 to 6.5

I assume it's
a sql problem, but where to I even begin to find the problem??  I
turned on sql and mysql debugging and go no useful info..

stop the service: sudo /etc/init.d/slimserver stop
run command-line: /usr/local/slimserver/slimserver.pl --d_sql --d_mysql --d_scan --d_import

that's a start. Now you should see any mysql startup problems, or any problems causing the scan to fail.

alternatively, run the service, set the above debug flags from server
settings->debugging then start a "clear library and rescan".

from a terminal, run: tail -f /tmp/slimserver.log
or open http://serverip:9000/log.txt and view bits of the log in a browser window. you can also just wait and look at the log later.

if you feel up for it, I highly recommend the command-line steps I gave first. You have access to more information (startup and and non-slimserver error dumps)
-kdf