Thanks Jim,

I just updated to the most recent version of Slimserver software. It
was my understanding that the SB3 is not connecting to the Slimserver
software but to the computer server.

I have always been successful connecting to the router, given that the
SB3 tells me its signal strength - which is ususally high.

I don't understand your "workaround" instructions. I can easily hit
refresh on my Slimserver "web page" every 10 seconds or so, but how do
I repeatedly re-try connecting with out going through the laborious
process of turning on the SB3, pressing the right arrow for setup etc.
It quits trying to connect after 20 seconds, so given that, I can only
refresh the server once or twice during that time. I am confused
there.

Thanks for your help.

--
Bruce S.