Nope. Note above that I do not have the luxury of 4 ports. But it
appears that I may have two not just the one. One for the cable modem
(phone line) going in and one going from the router to the machine on
which my slim server is running.

So, now the problem is that to do this I have to cut the umbilical cord
to the internet. This may not be a problem since I plan to simply rerun
the installation of the slimserver version 6.5.x or whatever it is,
that I just installed yesterday, after cabling up the SB3 to the router
(which will cut said umbilical cord) and watch the prompt come up that
says that I should "download" the firmware to the SB3. Now, if at that
point in the installation the software has to go back to the internet
to get the SB3 firmware, I will be hosed, cause I won't be able to.

--
Bruce S.