On 10/2/06, dperrigan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks, Mark.  I'm already using the username:password and the IP
blocking.  I'm wondering if that's safe enough.  Also, does anyone know
if ssh or something like it can run from a palm?

Thanks,
Dan

"Safe enough" depends entirely on the threat surface, which depends entirely on the likely attackers. You're probably fine, unless:

1) you run with a very clever and motivated crew with a bent towards practical jokes.
2) some security researcher figures out and publishes an automated attack against slimserver's username and password function.
--
"I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin,
So across the Western ocean I must wander" -- traditional