On 6-Oct-06, at 6:09 AM, DrNic wrote:

Hi all
This thread has wondered OT from original posters question, and I have
to admit to having more than a small interest in the final answer!!
Surely someone knows whether we are supposed to be able to turn artwork
off. Or is there no longer a concern about artwork's impact on
slimserver??!!

Artwork a much less of a concern, as it is collected by a separate process, cached by the server and somewhat more easily left out by not selecting 'gallery mode'. The original pref was put in becuase it was a very long post-scan process plus affected the presence of the browse artwork option, and caused it to take a very long time to load. The appearance of single artworks on song pages and album pages was not the main reason for that pref.

-kdf