peterbell;144786 Wrote:
> I guess that, from a purist point of view, having elected to use FLAC
> coding for all my music, it goes against the grain to, knowingly,
> introduce unneccessary digital processing.
Why would anyone serious about music reproduction use replaygain for
anything other than casual listening, anyway?

So add the calculated values to your files and then decide whether or
not you ever want to use it - it's just a few tags that don't affect
the actual audio data.  It's great for music playback for background
music, parties and other non-critical listening situations where the
benefits outweigh the potential minuses.

--
JJZolx

Jim