Pat Farrell;144781 Wrote:

> The obvious advantage of having a pointer to an external image file is
>
> that you don't have to duplicate the art for all of the tunes in the
> album. Most CDs have only cover, and typically have 10 or so tunes per
> CD.
>
> The obvious advantage of having the image emb edded in the song file is
>
> that when you move the file, transfer it to another device, etc. the
> album cover moves too.

Thank you Pat.  That is quite helpful.  Do most of the major MP3
players out there support both these two methods? (e.g. using a pointer
to external image and embedding image?).

I'm assuming the third method (having the image in the same folder) is
Slim-only.

By the way:  what tag holds the pointer to the external file?  What is
the format for that tag?

--
BBobley