On 10/10/06, neurophyre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jack Coates;145137 Wrote:
> Honestly, I doubt that a modern machine would have issues running it,
> even
> with WoW going too :) Now if you're using a four or five year old
> computer
> as your main desktop, that's another matter.

Quite a few people don't WANT to have to dedicate a "modern machine" to
SlimServer.  They want it running on a NAS-type machine.  I've got a
600MHz VIA C3 with 120MB available physical RAM that I use for NAS.
Since I'm using it to store all my music and other files, since it's on
24/7 and since it does nothing else, it's the only logical choice to run
SlimServer.

Great.  Add 256mb of RAM to that and you're all set.  Otherwise you're just asking too much of the box.  I certainly do NOT want SlimDevices to spent their time catering to a minority of people who won't spent $20 to upgrade the RAM on their server.

Ben