broth420;147914 Wrote:
> I do have "Various Artists" in the "Album Artist" section, for albums
> that were compliations albums (like AM Gold 1969, movie soundtracks,
> etc).
> Do I need to take out the tag, and if so, how.  Just leave the section
> blank?  Or do I need to reconvert the entire lot.
Remove all album artist tags from the flac files. I've made a quick
test with mp3Tag (free, download from here
http://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html ).
After installation load your library and select all files then go to
menu Convert - Actions.
Click the "New Configuration" icon, give a name (e.g. remove
ALBUMARTIST),
click on "New Configuration" icon in Action window,
select "Remove fields" from the dropdown menu,
enter ALBUMARTIST;ALBUM ARTIST (or whatever the name of the album
artist field actually is) in the "Fields to remove" dialog.
Mark the checkbox for the newly created action and click ok. mp3Tag now
removes all tags with the given names from the selected files.
broth420;147914 Wrote:
> I have been trying to figure this out since 6.5 came out.  I have a
> 500GB, 20,000 song library, it takes forever to unistall 6.3, reinstall
> 6.5, scan, find out it is still broken, and then uninstall 6.5 and go
> back to 6.3 and do it all over again.  I have basically had it.  I
> would really like to fix this problem.
Why don't you just create a small sample library away from your regular
library? A rescan will be much faster and you don't have to uninstall
and reinstall over and over.

-s.

--
slimpy