seanadams;149185 Wrote:
> Clive, I've said this before but please don't take anything we say with
> respect to future features as a "promise". This has nothing to do with
> whose company it is. There are many uncertainties involved in R&D, and
> that is why we don't make such commitments. However, we do from time to
> time comment on things we're working on or looking into, as a way of
> inviting customer feedback.
OK, understood, and my apologies for using the word "promise". It's
just that Slim Devices have a history of mentioning things that might
happen, and then they nearly always do. So when in a previous thread
you indicated that the vibrating knob issue was being looked at, I got
a very warm feeling that it almost certainly would be "fixed".

Suppose I did buy a Transporter now, and then this issue *doesn't* get
fixed in a firmware update, would there be any safe way to simply
disable the knob altogether, perhaps by disconnecting it from the power
supply? Or it is so completely hard-wired into the main circuit board
that this isn't possible?

--
cliveb

Performers -> dozens of mixers and effects -> clipped/hypercompressed
mastering -> you think a few extra ps of jitter matters?