Sigh ... I promised myself I was going to stay out of the "is the
acquisition good or bad" discussion, but I just can't resist.

I am not an audiophile, but I have a fairly extensive CD collection
(800 of them), a decent amp and speakers, and 4 Squeezeboxes.  When I
decided to rip all my CDs and go digital, I hemmed and hawed for months
over the Roku or Squeezebox decision (not to mention, all the other
lower priced options on the market), primarily because I could see the
Roku on the shelf at Best Buy and Circuit City, but had no idea who
this "Slim Devices" company was.  Just seeing the device in a store
increased my confidence (silly, but true).  I even considered buying a
Roku but powering it with SlimRoku!

I am VERY glad that I made the RIGHT decision and chose the Squeezebox
... but I think I would have made the decision much quicker if the
device had some name-recognition ... and I bet there are a lot of
others like me.  Buying a $300 device online from a company I had never
heard of was not very comfortable.

In short, I believe that the Logitech acquisition will open up new
markets for the Squeezebox ... and that is a good thing for all of us.

P.S. What finally convinced me to go with the Squeezebox was the Slim
Devices Community Forums :-)

--
Jon