results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=29368
Question: What do playlists mean to you?

- Never or very rarely use them
- Not a big problem: use static playlists for parties or similar,
  current features ok
- Use static playlists a lot, would like to see better features for
  managing them
- Want smart or dynamic playlists.  iTunes integration and/or plugins
  usable  (but could be better!).
- Smart or dynamic playlists are very important, current options not
  good enough, must be improved
- Critical: Playlist handling must be improved or I'm out of here

Ken;153743 Wrote:
> Inspired by this debate I took a quick look at Erland's plug in site.
> I'm no wiser as to what it does and how or what I have to install.I know this
> isn't the correct thread to have a discussion, but I thought
it might be a good idea to list the existing third party plugins related
to smart playlists:

Included with slimserver:
=========================
- *iTunes* (Makes it possible to use iTunes smart playlists in
slimserver and also to import ratings from iTunes)
- *MusicMagic* (Makes it possible to create smart mixes based on
selected artist, album, track and also to import ratings from
MusicMagic/MusicIP)
- *MoodLogic* (Makes it possible to create smart mixes based on
selected artist, album, track, I'm not sure if it also imports ratings
from MoodLogic)
- *RandomMix* (Makes it possible to play random tracks, albums, artists
in one or several selected genres)

Not included with slimserver
============================
- *iTunes Update* (Makes it possible to export play counts, played
time, ratings from slimserver to iTunes, makes it also possible to rate
tracks in slimserver. A "must have" if iTunes smart playlists shall be
recalculated based on played songs in slimserver.)
- *iTunes Party Shuffle* (Makes it possible to create a Party Shuffle
playlist from iTunes)
- *Dynamic Playlist* (A stupid plugin that does nothing by itself but
makes it easier for other plugins to implement dynamic playlists and
also collects all playlists beneath a single menu)
- *TrackStat* (Makes it possible to rate songs on SqueezeBox and
implements a persistent storage of statistic data such as play counts,
played time, ratings that survives slimserver rescans. Also implements
export/import from/to iTunes/MusicMagic if they are running on a
different machine/OS than slimserver. Sends rating dynamically to
MusicMagic when songs are rated in slimserver. TrackStat also makes a
lot of predefined smart playlists based on statistics available through
DynamicPlayList)
- *SQLPlayList* (Makes it possible to create smart playlists directly
in slimserver without any external software besides plugins, the
playlists are created with a wizard and generates SQL code that can be
edited manually)
- *RandomPlayList* (Very similar to RandomMix, the main difference is
that it supports to also exclude genres and makes its playlists
available through the DynamicPlayList plugin)

I have probably missed some plugin not mentioned above so don't see
this as the complete list. Besides the plugins mentioned above there
are also a number of playlist related internet radio plugins and some
search/browse plugins available. There are also several plugins that
are related to management of static playlists. See the plugin page for
more information:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?SlimServerPlugins

We probably don't want this thread to turn into a thread full of
questions about how to use the plugins, so please post questions
related to plugin usage in the "3rd party plugins" section  instead.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'