results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=29368
Question: What do playlists mean to you?

- Never or very rarely use them
- Not a big problem: use static playlists for parties or similar,
  current features ok
- Use static playlists a lot, would like to see better features for
  managing them
- Want smart or dynamic playlists.  iTunes integration and/or plugins
  usable  (but could be better!).
- Smart or dynamic playlists are very important, current options not
  good enough, must be improved
- Critical: Playlist handling must be improved or I'm out of here

Ceejay,
I listen to my squeezebox three ways:
1) Search for an Album, play it
2) Search for a Song, Play it
3) Play my "favorite songs" playlist in random order and just let it
roll.

the third option is the one I do the MOST. my favorite songs playlist
is large with 1380 songs. It took a long time to construct. Then I had
the unfortunate issue happen where when upgrading SS software, my
playlist somehow got deleted and/or SS was no longer able to read it. I
reconstructed the playlist and the same thing happend to me again. That
was bad, so the third time I did it I did it a different way. Intead of
using the SS playlist, I changed the ID3 tag. All my "Favorite Songs" I
gave them the Genre of "Chamber Music". Only songs I listen to when I
am in my Chambers. If somebody else doesn't like them, they can leave
the chamber!  :o)

Anyway, this has worked well for me. Now when I want to random play my
"favorite songs", I just search for "chamber Music" and hit play. Last
weekend I had a bad time upgrading to 6.5.0. I stepped back to 6.3.0 to
fix my woes, but I was worried it would somehow smoke my playlist. No
worries, though. Since my playlist is actually strored within each
music file's ID3 tag, there is no SS error that could accidentally
delete or corrupt my playlist. So I am a happy camper now!

--
Zten