> BPA please "if you install Lame and then disable RTSP->WAV and
> RTSP->FLAC, it should minimise the problem as you will used MP3 to SB
> and not Flac." I see MP3 as the scourge of the noughties, however, it
> might help, can you please tell me how to do this. Thanks

In this case the BBC streams are already compressed and are about
48kbits/sec streams (less than FM quality) so you will not be losing
any significant sound quality by re-compressing to MP3 but it will
lighten the wireless load significantly.

How you install Lame depends on your OS.  This Wiki entry gives details
which I hope will work.  If you are using windows go to the Rarewares
site - do NOT go to the second URL - one user posted that it has
viruses.   http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?LAMEForTranscoding

After installing Lame - restart slimserver.

To disable the RTSP settings go to Server Setting / File Types. You
will see the RTSP check boxes. Uncheck the RTSP->FLAC and RTSP->WAV.
Then click a change button. Only RTSP->MP3 should be checked.  If it
not checked then Lame installation has failed - recheck it.

--
bpa