DjTweed;154996 Wrote:
> Hello All,
> Two questions:
>
> Question #1 - I have just finished cleaning up my tags with Tag&Rename.
> I creating BOTH ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags for each song.  Is there a problem
> with this?  (I've been reading the forums, and some people say only use
> ID3v2)

Modern versions of SlimServer will only use ID3v2 if it is present,
ignoring ID3v1. 6.3 and earlier would, I think, use both.

DjTweed;154996 Wrote:
> Question #2 - Is there a way to clear the SS DB manually without doing a
> "Clear Library & Rescan All"?   With such a large collection of songs, a
> simple rescan takes over 9 hours.  I only do rescans about once a month,
> and I like to clear the SlimServer DB before hand, so I KNOW there are
> no duplicates.  Currently, I backup my prefs file, and reinstall SS,
> but this is kind of a pain.

Why not just do the simple 'look for changed files', rather than a full
'clear and rescan' ?

I'm a little surprised it takes so long to do a full clear and rescan
on your system - I don't know what processor you're on but with 34,000
files here it only takes about 2 hours-ish on a 500MHz system, using
Linux.

--
gerph