MelonMonkey;155119 Wrote:
> The bug where VA albums get sorted into the incorrect place does not
> require that the album's first artist also have an additional album of
> its own.  At least not with 6.5.1 update as of last week.
>
> A number of my VA albums show this very problem and I definitely have
> no other tracks from the artists appearing first on each of them.
I took another look at my album listing, sorted by artist/year/album
and I believer you're right.  Since I removed the ALBUMARTIST=Various
Artists tags I now have no albums sorted into the "Various Artists"
position.

I don't think the albums are sorted randomly into the list, though.
But it appears that the track artist used to sort the album into the
list is random.  I'm definitely seeing some grouped with artists that
have complete albums, but on others it looks like they're sorted using
another artist.

I was trying to construct a query the other day to actually get the
listing in the right order.  It's not simple.

--
JJZolx

Jim