My mistake, I'd assumed you'd have already seen topics such as this one
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=29789&highlight=mce
posted yesterday which discusses whether you can control SS via MCE.

MCE is just Windows XP but with a full-screen application optimised for
viewing on a TV (large icons, easy navigation using the included remote,
etc).

If you want you can hook it up to a normal monitor, or a TV - my TV is
my sole monitor hence the reference to VNC if I want to use the PC as a
PC.

There is a plugin that allows MCE to act as a browser (quick Google
will take you there) together with zoom functions for easy reading at a
distance but navigating the SS web interface isn't great via remote,
you'd need a wireless mouse for that.

--
Rangdo