I've been having trouble with scans (both 'new/changed music' and full
rescans) - initially manifested as scans causing my browser to hang
(IE, Firefox or Opera - not fussy!), and then causing WinXP to crash
comprehensively, requiring a 'press & hold the power button' shut
down.

Oddly, there were no Event reports in the Event Log.

So I set d_import, d_mysql, d_parse and d_scan.  And I ran scans
(full and partial) with Taskmanger running.

What I observe is that scanner.exe does its part of the scan and
then stops without closing down (indicated by CPU activity dropping to
'idle' levels and staying there indefinitely).

If I then shut down scanner.exe manually with Taskmanager, slim.exe
completes its section of the scan successfully.  The SS web page does
not update by iteslf;  but if I click 'Home', or do a hard refresh, the
library statistics appear, properly updated.

The debug logs show nothing untoward - they just report the fact that a
partial or complete scan has run.

I'm using WinXP on a Dell Dimension 5150, running recent nightly:

SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 10659 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

Any advice / solution to restore proper scanning funcionality would
be most welcome, as my Heath-Robinson workaround is a bit of a drag!

--
Diana

--
Diana