Wrightdawg... have you resolved this yet? I am having the same problem.
I had a working SB for months. Just changed my network to WEP,and now
it won't connect. Every other device works fine (I have 8 wireless
devices). I have dbl checked the WEP pw, etc. It finds the network, but
can't assign a DHCP IP address. It then tries to self assign that
strange 169.254... address, then it dies. I have hard-booted-reset
twice, and the same thing keeps happening.

It can't be that hard to get WEP working on a SB, can it? Two TiVos,
three laptops, a webcam, a PC and a printer all worked perfectly on the
first WEP setup/try.

HELP!!!!

--
astrohip