4mula1;160010 Wrote:
> My SlimServer is behind a firewall.  I have port 22 open so I can use
> SoftSqueeze at work, and I thought it would be nice to be able to link
> one SlimServer to another via SSH.  I don't see SSH being added to the
> Squeezebox firmware so SlimServer will have to do that work.  The
> client SlimServer could then appear like another player (ala
> SoftSqueeze) and be able to browse and stream from the remote server.

you could use ssh to forward the TCP ports to the other slim server.
You would need an ssh client on your parrents network, if they have
windows, putty would work fine.. you just need to do something like
this:

ssh -g -L 9000:localhost:9000 -L 3483:localhost:3483 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

the -g will allow the squeezebox to connect over the ssh tunnel.

be warned, this could be really slow over DSL/Cable.

--
SuperQ