ob_kook;160028 Wrote:

> This led me to believe that perhaps the issue was in the wireless
> transfer between the WRT54G and the WAP54G, so I ran a cable to connect
> them (previously they were also wirelessly connected).
>
> To test it, I disabled the wireless broadcasting upstairs and only used
> the AP for the SB. Perfect. No dropouts, full buffer, much better
> performance.
>
> The intersting thing is when I turned the wireless broadcast back on
> upstairs, the problems again manifested themselves in the same form
> (stutters, dropouts).
>
> I am wondering if the SB is getting "confused" and trying to log into
> both the WRT and the WAP. Any ideas?

I for one am really confused about what you are trying to do with the
Wireless Access Point.  Normally this would be used WIRED back to your
router and then broadcasting wireless from its location.

It may also have a wireless repeater mode where you can use it to
connect back to your wireless router and present a Wired network in its
location.

But it sounds like you are trying to use it to connect wirelessly to
your router, and then wirelessly to your SB???  That doesn't sound
right.

Apologies if I've misunderstood.

My set up is Wirelsss router at one end of the house, with a long cable
running through the roof to a WAP at the other end of the house. Set to
different channels! This gives me whole house coverage.  In my case I
have different SSIDs as I want to be able to force which wireless point
the various devices are connecting to...

HTH
Ceejay

--
ceejay