If the SB is connected directly to ethernet port on modem/router,
either static or dhcp, can be pinged.  As I said, the SB works
perfectly  - but only if connected directly.
If the SB is connected via dlan, either static or dhcp, ping doesn't
work.   But if I connect another item to dlan (xbox, macbook, etc)
ping works.
I know some people might say "what's the prob?  just connect directly".
But it's not practical as SB on different floor to modem/router, and
besides it's been working fine all this time so just want to get it
back as was.
Are there any SB engineers/techie people around who might be able to
analyze SB console/crash log if I send to them?
I knew this would have people stumped!!!

--
louish