Mark0 wrote:
> Are there any problem using an older version of the SB like that with
> the current SlimServer? Are some critical features missing?

All of my SqueezeBoxen are SB1, some SB1, some SB1/g

The big missing features of SB1s are native flac decoding
and small buffer.

If you only play MP3 files, it makes no difference.
If you use wired connections, it makes no difference.

But if you stream FLAC or PCM files wirelessly, the small
buffer can cause dropouts and other problems.

For ages I used a SB1 wired into my Benchmark DAC-1, and
it worked perfectly.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html