Peter;162877 Wrote:
> IANAA (I Am Not An Audiophile), but I understand the attraction of tubes
> is that they colour the sound. You won't get this colourization from the
> SB or the Transporter so if that's what you prefer you'll have to wait
> for the tube version of the Transporter. (well, if they can build a
> tube CD player, why not a tube network audio player?)

Well I have both tube amp and CD player, and I think my system is
remarkably linear, and a good representation of what I hear at concert
halls.  I have heard good solid state amps, but valves are generally
more accurate to my ears.

(Although I should point out that I normally don't use the tube outs on
the CD...)

Adam

--
adamslim

SB3 into Derek Shek d2, Shanling CDT-100, Rotel RT-990BX, Esoteric Audio
Research 859, Living Voice Auditorium IIs, Nordost cables