Schindler wrote:
I think she would have only one source - server or nas. So a nas is not
as powerful as a pc build as server? I think they should be able to
have all six or seven Squeezeboxes running at the same time...

Yeah, a NAS is basically a very small, low powered computer, with a lot of hard drive space.

Slimserver used to run comfortably on a number of NAS models out there, but as the software's gotten bigger (especially with the switch to mysql as the db backend in 6.5), it's starting to really push the limits of many of them.

If you have the flexibility to put in a real server computer, I'd do so.

- Marc