I've been lurking on this site and I'm about to take the squeezebox
plunge, but a couple of nagging questions keep running through my mind.
First let me state that sound quality is very important to me.  That
being said I really love how much more of my music I found myself
listening to when I have all my cd's loaded into 2 large changers.  I
consider the squeezebox the next evolutionary step (I've also
contemplated the sonos system), for accessing and distributing all my
music.  My question is this...with memory being so cheap, why would I
want to rip my cd's to one of the lossless formats as opposed to just
ripping them as is.  I use a computer all the time but certainly am no
hacker, and it seems that there is a lot of work involved.  Am I
missing something or would it not just be easier to buy twice as large
a hard drive, rip full strength, download info via cddb/gracenote or
similar and be done.  Won't this give me the artist/album /song info
I'll need to do various sorts.
thanks for any insights/advice,  todd

--
tem