sorry, just a couple more questions.  I downloaded slimserver and
softsqueeze as you suggested and it is a great way to try out the
interface, thanks for the suggestion.

A couple of things seem strange and may be specific to the softsqueeze
program.  When playing a playlist or album from my rhapsody library i
cannot skip to the next song, the forward button does not work, is this
a limitation of the rhapsody server or the softsqueeze software?  That
would proabably be a non-starter if you couldn't skip songs (i don't
want to create playlists evertime just to skip some songs.)

Also, when i try to play songs that stream it says 'connection no
longer' and the rest of the error is cut off.  it does let me play my
local music through the rhapsody server, but not the streamed tracks.

Final question, when i do play local tracks they play for about 15
seconds and then restart, so i never get past one track.

Sorry to bother you with all of these questions, but the device looks
great and i want to make sure it will meet my needs before jumping in.
any answers you can give will be much appreciated.

thanks,
peter

--
pedz