fairyliquidizer;166783 Wrote:
> How do you guys tag AC/DC tracks?  I have noticed that FreeDB seams to
> default to calling them ACDC or AC DC depending on the album.  Is there
> a defacto standard?
>
> Sorry I know this is trivial but it's bugging me :)

I use whatever I like in (Flac) tags, therefore "AC/DC".  This is an
illegal character in folder names, so I do a standard substitution of a
dash within the folder name, so the folder is named "AC-DC".  Same thing
with colons.  Illinois Jacquet's "Flying Home: The Best of the Verve
Years" gets tagged exactly like that, while the folder is named "Flying
Home- The Best of the Verve Years".

For id3v2.3 tags, however, a "/" (as gerph may point out) is the
official field separator, so some applications that adhere to the
so-called id3v2.3 spec may treat "AC/DC" as two artists - "AC" and
"DC".  This could explain why it isn't entered in the FreeDB database
as such.

--
JJZolx

Jim