Recoveryone;166871 Wrote:
> Yes I'm aware of the nightly builds, I had to use the 6.5.1 build to get
> my slim server to work properly.  Many compaines put out a base software
> disk for there product and during install have the customer get the
> lastest drivers online. My thought was to have a proven basic model
> that worked on 97% of all PC's that would give the consumer an solid
> starting point.  From what I read and the experience of what I've have
> been through over the last week dealing with the slim server &
> softsqueeze program leaves a bad taste with many and causes undue worry
> about the performance of the actual product.
If 97% of the PCs were the same your "proven basic model" would indeed
work. There are no drivers you can download during install. You need
the whole server software.
What's the point in distributing software disks if you end up
downloading a newer version of what's on the disk.
It's only a waste of cost and resources.

Recoveryone;166842 Wrote:
> The Server even picked up music playlist that I had created with
> MusicMatch software, so that saves me from using the poorly designed SS
> browser page.
Would you care to share your detailed view on the web interface? I
think it isn't the first time you rant about it without giving
specifics.

-s.

--
slimpy