fathom39;167661 Wrote:

> 2.  I tried describing my system to another guy who does home audio
> wiring and he went off on me about how X Box kicks ass and can find
> "any" media on any networked PC and play it.  Oh, well.

I own an Xbox 360.  My entire mp3/aac library is accessible via my 360,
and the fullscreen visualizations on my 50" plasma are awesome in HD.
And it worked out of the box without much issue the first time I turned
it on...the moment I installed WMP11 on my PC that is.  Oh, and a codec
that allows it to see my iTunes library.  And another codec that allows
it to see the id3 info embedded in those files.  Sometimes.  And - woops
- doesn't play FLAC or Ogg?  And I can't save playlists on it unless the
media is actually on the 360's own hard drive?  Well that would be fine
and dandy if the anemic hdd wasn't a crappy 20 gig..  *grumble*

The Xbox is a mediocre media server front end at best, IMHO.  I still
prefer my Squeezebox over the 360 for music. Video is kind of cool on
the 360, though...if it's in WMV format that is.

*grumbles*

--
EnochLight