tmarino;169126 Wrote:
> I've been working the opposite direction re-ripping my CDs to flac as I
> had previously ripped to mp3. When I get a new CD now, I rip both a
> flac copy and an mp3 copy, correct tags on both and store them in
> separate directories. Itunes looks only at the mp3 directory and I let
> it organize things it's own way. The slimserver looks only at the flac
> files (and remaining mp3s to be re-ripped).
>
> I do all of my playlists on itunes and use a little utility to create
> an m3u list which I then edit with a text editor for slimserver. The
> utility is here
> http://www.mecalabs.com/wiki/index.php?title=Playlist_Generator and
> it's not fancy but gets the job done. Just note to save the edited file
> in a different place then the program's output directory.
>
> The whole process is a bit clumsy but it works.

I'm in the same boat as you. The directory names that itunes chooses
can have characters embedded in them which, in my experience, can cause
slimserver to refuse to show album art. So I changed them in my flac
tree. I still let itunes manage the mp3s, though. I suppose the best
answer there might be to make the flac tree however it needs to be, use
a script to generate the appropriate mp3 tree, and simply stop having
itunes organize its directories. I just haven't gotten around to it
yet. Thinking further, I guess this will be necessary in order to
manage playlists in any sensible manner.

--
totoro

squeezebox 3 -> mccormack dna .5 -> audio physic tempo 4