NauticusLX;171396 Wrote:
> Also, there is not a single brightness state of my player, rather, there
> are several.  So I’ll ask again:  While connected to the
> SqueezeNetwork, what should be displayed on the SqueezeBox screen while
> I set the brightness to 0, so that it will not display a downtime
> message from SqueezeNetwork while in standby?  (I'm afraid this might
> not work as a solution, since it will require me to always be setting
> and resetting the brightness, so I can read it when I want to and be
> off otherwise.)

You seem to be getting confused by the different brightness states.
There are three brightness states:  on, standby, and idle.  The one you
care about is the standby setting.  Set the brightness to 0 while the
player is in standby (what you might call "off") and every time you
turn your squeezebox to standby ("off") the display will be dark, and,
per Andy's changes, will stay dark, even if system maintenance messages
are delivered.

--
azinck3