Fletch

Thanks I found your reply and the other thread very interesting.  I am
not sure that I am up to altering the code of AlienBBC to make this
work.  However, your reply did give me an idea.  I tried to listen to
an alienBBC feed on my laptop using softsqueeze and it works.  So I
have a partial soultion while travelling.

I am not sure that I have all of the requirements that I was looking
for.  One idea I was looking to explore was some of Radio 5 live feeds.
You see I am a Brit living in the US.  Premiership football matches are
only available on the Radio 5 web site for UK listeners.  I had the idea
that if I could get my brother (in the UK) to install Slimserver and
AlienBBC on his computer I might be able to connect to it over the
internet and hear the feed.  I do not know whether it will work, I
guess I have to try to find out.

--
RalphO