Are people really having trouble with Slimserver keeping up with 500
albums? Seems that there would a problem Other than Slimserver to cause
that.  I have 14,000 songs that Slimserver can access and it  never has
a problem. The only slowness I ever see is when I initially browse my
music via album cover. Slimserver will be a little sluggish for a bit
(15 seconds) but then it is fine.

It seems some on this thread want a swiss army knife approach to their
music. One program to do everything. As a long, long time computer user
I have found that rarely is this approach a good one. I think Nero is a
good example. Their recent release has everything but the kitchen sink
(and it is in there somewhere I suspect)IMO the program is bloated and
the extras they have crammed into the program are not as good as
separate programs that can be bought elsewhere.

The sad fact is most of the "features" software companies put in the
programs are never used. They do it to justify an "upgrade" I like the
fact that Slimserver does its job and does it well. Just like  EAC and
mp3tag.

Few of us can do a lot of things well. Better to focus on what we can
do well and excel at it. I like software that takes the same approach.

Bruce

--
brucegrr