brunodenis;173421 Wrote:
> I partitaly agree. but softawre companies must answer all the needs from
> lots of different users. that's why they cover so much and some of us
> want some, others want other. This leads to your swiss knife.
No, IMHO they must not and they should not. This mostly results in an
application which does its several jobs in a very mediocre way, in
stead of its one job superb...
Par example IMHO iTunes doesn't even get near the quality of EAC
considering CD ripping...,

And how do you want slimserver to extract audio from a CD? it's running
on multiple platforms which all have different ways of accessing CD's
To give you a small idea: there's more beyond Windows, I'm running it
on a headless and keyboardless Linux server.
At this moment slimserver can run on allmost every platform, as long as
perl is available. If slimserver had been only available on Windows
because of all the junk they have to include according to you I would
not have bought a squeezebox!

> To some up only for my personnal case, pushing music from server (itunes
> for its graphical gui) is what i would like, I don't give any interest
> into all displays onto the SB/TP.

Then you should have bought an Airport Express or you should now buy a
Wifi-able PDA...

> May my target would be a tablet PC with itunes on it driven by fingers.
> But itunes does not link to SB. So, I was expecting a hacked firmware
> correcting this aspect. Might come one day. I could event help if
> necessarty because I fell sure this to be faisable.
I don't know. I'm not sure if there's enough memory in the squeezebox
to be able to fully implement the iTunes protocol next to the
slimserver protocol, and then there are still the license issues... and
the problem of a protocol over which you have absolutely no control.

--
servies