Nostromo;174879 Wrote:

> I use SlimServer 6.5.1 (Fishbone skin) on a Windows XP PC (AMD 64 3000+
> with 1 GB of ram) and SS is slow. Even if there's nothing else worth
> mentionning running. For example, when I rate a song, it takes about 2
> to 3 seconds for the change to take place.

I don't know what else may be running on your machine, but response is
nearly instantaneous on my machine.  I am running an 3000+ AMD64 cpu
with 512 MB of ram for the server, with Avast antivirus.  My library is
682 CDs worth of flac files.  The machine is plugged directly into my
wrt54G router.  This machine is dual booted between win2k and AMD64
ubuntu.  Performance seems about the same under either OS.

I am controlling the system using a Fujitsu ST3500 tablet with a
measley 500 MHz celeron and 128 MB of ram, and a 802.11g PC card.
Right now there is no antivirus, but that will have to change.  Even
the tablet is fast (maybe because it has almost hardware attached to
it- no floppy, no CDROM, etc.)

Maybe there is some service sucking up resources on your system...

TD

--
tyler_durden