mkanet wrote:
YES!!  How did you know?  wmadec behaves itself while softsqueeze is in
memory and stays around 8.5MB's.  As soon as I close softsqueeze, it
continues to grow out of control.  Starting softsqueeze back up again
just starts another wmadec.

What's the matter?  I swear I'm not doing anything wrong.

Looks like a bug in slimserver to me. The slimserver process should kill the wmadec process after it's done playing your music. Have you tried explicitly use 'stop' on the softsqueeze player from the web interface? I've noticed that my squeezebox buffers streaming audio when I press pause, which is usually not what I want. A long press on pause does a 'stop' instead. Perhaps you should file a bug on this.

Regards,
Peter