Mr Sinatra,
I fully support your position.
I have at least three friends who asked me about feedback about my
squeezebox. My answer: great hardware, software which is just for jerks
that want to spend more time in debugging that playing music. In short -
SORRY, BUT I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT -

The driver would be a very, very good idea. If this is not possible, a
software product (whatever it is) that works and do not introduce more
bugs any new release like ss does.

My suggestion: you have done your point very clear, probably at
Logitech (which does understand consumer business) got it, stop wasting
your time arguing with all the attacks to you. Many people in this
thread seems do not want to understant it. Probably spending time
debugging make their ego feeling good.

Aragorn

--
Aragorn