erland;175607 Wrote:

> I only have a few albums of classical music myself so I haven't really
> experienced any problems, but I guess the situation would be totaly
> different when the number of classical albums in a collection
> increases. Is the problem with Custom Browse that it feels to static to
> solve the classical music browsing or is the problem something else ?

This has been covered at great length elsewhere - not least in the
enhancement requests we filed a year ago. But the problem is broader
than just the way we can browse.  We need additional tags (Performer,
at least), the means to browse or search by composer  performer and
conductor independently AND then some flexible browsing.  The so called
"advanced" search is almost a joke in this context.

I have used some of your plugins - and very helpful they are too - but
as you have acknowledged more than once they are sticking plasters on
the side of SS rather than a proper fix.  So, although I have used your
plugins to add "Performer" for display purposes, I can't use it to
search.

Ceejay

--
ceejay