Michael Herger;176092 Wrote:
> > I have a choice of 3 different versions of windows to use together
> with
> > slimserver - XP Pro, XP MCE 2005 or Vista (not sure which version).
> > have used XP Pro in the past and it has worked fine.
>
> There's no advantage of MCE over XP Pro except the media features. If
> you
> don't need them, go Pro. If you need them, don't ask the question ;-).
> will not touch Vista for anything serious before SP1 is out (to be
> expected at the end of this year).
>
> --
>
> Michael

Thanks Michael!

My old computer is running XP Pro, but I received my new "toy" last
week with MCE (optional upgrade to Vista). I was planning to run some
linux distro and use the old box as a server (ClarkConnect or perhaps
your SlimCD or experiment with the new SlimNAS). But for the time being
I'll go with windows (no linux experience).

Would you recommened me to run MCE over Vista too (not together with
slimserver)?

--
TCM

http://www.last.fm/user/ThisCharmingMan/